Supervision is often misunderstood as “the big brother approach or the boss is watching” rather than a developmental space to reflect, learn and develop. Using creative methodologies in the supervision process helps the supervisor and supervisee to achieve more outcomes.
This particular workshop is an introduction to my two day course which is aimed at supporting the continuous professional development of existing Team Leaders & Youth Workers who see themselves moving into leadership & management roles. As a former youth worker/manager one of the biggest challenges when trying to move up the ladder is having real management or supervision experience. The sector needs to change to provide more opportunities for youth worker progression.
* Be a step ahead of other candidates for your next career move
* Articulate the work that you do and the skills that you have in a more believable manner
* Be confident using creative methodologies in supervision with individuals or teams
* Confidence to facilitate group supervision & competence based models model’s
* New & innovative ways to get the best of out of your team, collegaues and yourself
* Learn how to implement a peer approach to supervision in your organization